Welcome to Memorial Counseling Center
Life has a way of getting us off track. Situations, people, and even our own actions or reactions to things in or out of our control take us far from where we thought or hoped our life would be. Perhaps you have had this experience.
Maybe you are dealing with one of the following situations:
- You have a loss or losses that you just can’t seem to shake.
- The lingering effects of past hurts keep you paralyzed.
- Happiness eludes you as you battle the feelings of depression or anxiety.
- A relationship has gone awry and you aren’t even sure why or how to reconnect.
- You have a teenager in your family that needs support and it feels as though he or she resists your efforts to help.
- It feels as though everyone else you know or come in contact with seems more capable and has greater self-confidence than you do.
- Loneliness is your constant companion and you are weary of going through another day without any genuine support.
- You want to enrich your current relationship or do your best to avoid future conflicts and detachment.
- Things are going okay, but having a safe space to process some concerns would be helpful.
- The goals you have for the future are there – somewhere – and it would help to gain clarity and commitment towards reaching them.
- You have a vision for the future that seems very out of reach and you’ve almost given up.
At the Memorial Counseling Center, we have compassion for the difficulties that individuals and couples experience. Our goal is to provide a safe place to explore and understand those things that have gotten you off track and to provide professional guidance and direction for making changes that will improve your life. Providing a ‘safe place’ means that we give you the acceptance, warmth and encouragement needed to make reflection and change possible. We understand that counseling takes courage and we accept you where you are and do our guiding gently and collaboratively.
We use a variety of approaches in working with clients depending on the issues identified and the goals the client is seeking to achieve. If you’re looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation or you’re just ready to move in a new direction in your life, we look forward to working with you to achieve your goals. We hope you will take the time to learn about each of our counselors and find one that you believe is a good fit for you and what you are trying to resolve or achieve.
Our Counselors are ready to walk with you. We realize that finding the right confidant may take the right chemistry. Click on the pictures for a detailed bio.
V. Tricia Miller
Young Adults/Teens, Life Transitions
Anxiety Counseling, Depression Counseling