Sharon Volpe Carroll, LPC-Supervisor, MA, MBA, Owner
I believe we are each unique individuals with different paths in life, and that within each of us is the desire to live the life we were created to have. Often, we have experienced circumstances or made choices in our lives that create resistance or barriers to living fully. Because I recognize the uniqueness and special circumstances of each of my clients, I tailor my approach in treatment accordingly. I have been successful in working with adults (both male and female), couples, and older adolescents. Groups that I have facilitated or co-facilitated include those for The Daring Way™, grief support, and careers in transition support.
Having had the experience of reengineering her own life on a number of levels,Sharon has an affinity for working with others, both female and male, who desire to do the same with theirs.
Areas of Expertise
- Relationship counseling, including increasing connectedness, conflict management, overcoming infidelity, premarital, divorce
- Depression and anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Low self-esteem
- Life transitions (moves, job loss or changes, marriage/divorce and other family changes)
- Supervision of LPC interns
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship & Advanced Training
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level 1 & 2 training
- Daring Way™ Certified Facilitator – The Daring Way™ is based on the work of Brene Brown, PhD, in the areas of wholehearted living, vulnerability and shame resilience
- Graduate of the Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) - a course in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), for treating individuals struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and related disorders
- Birkman Method Certified Consultant - the Birkman Method Questionnaire is a multifaceted personality assessment that provides a unique and in-depth look into either the individual or relationships among two or more persons. It is especially helpful for marriage and premarital counseling (suitable for adults and older teens), and life coaching. It can be used inconjunction with counseling interventions or on its own to determine career focus or enchance self-understanding.
- MA in Psychology from Houston Baptist University
- MBA from Rice University (where she was recognized by the faculty as a Jones Scholar)
- BS in Business Administration from the University of Southern California.
- American Counseling Association
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Houston Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy (HCEFT)
- Birkman User Group (Houston)